My friend Izzy faithfully posts every Wednesday with her Works in Progress.
I thought since I have fallen off the Blogging bandwagon,
that maybe I could use this link-up to get me started again. W.I.P. Wednesday's is at
Lee's place - Freshly Pieced. The post is not up yet of course so I will link up tomorrow!
(actually, I thought it was Wednesday, hee hee).
My regular followers know my usual project is a little Schnibbles for the Monthly Schnibble
parades at A Quilting Life and Pink Pincushion. This month's Vintage Schnibble is "Lincoln".
When I first discovered quilting blogs 2 years ago, I fell in love with precuts and the Schnibbles
patterns were perfect for me to learn different quilting techniquest and use the lovely fabric lines out there. So I bought 2 books - Schnibbles Times Two and Another Bite of Schnibbles.
These books have some of Carrie's older patterns in 2 sizes - using 10 inch squares or 5 inch squares.
For the first time since I bought these books, the pattern of the month is in there.
I chose to make the larger version, which has a nice border added.
I am using a lot of the Fat 1/8 bundle of Reunion I won in the very first Schnibble parade I entered.
It was a wonderful gift from Miss Carrie herself.
I added some Lucy's Crab Shack I picked up to add the orange in rather than the gray in Reunion.
Here is a sample of the blocks made with 3 strips:
And here are the squares for the stars, all ready to go. I just have to get the background cut out!
The adorable clothesline fabric will be the center of the stars.
In other news, I am contemplating being a copy-cat and joining the Quilt-Along over at
Happy Quilting that Izzy is doing with Melissa.

A wonderful friend gave me these FQ's for my birthday when I first
started quilting and I have been waiting for the perfect project:
Aren't they a wonderful mix? Thank you again, Susan!
I collected some more FQ's to go with these. I bought this adorable bundle quite a while ago:
And the one on the bottom in this group is from SR Harris. The other 2 are from a giveaway.
What do you think? Too much of the same colors? I just love all of these together.
The one with pink might not make the cut, and I may add more black.
We will have to see where this leads. I may or may not join.
Life is crazy now that I am job hunting again, but I feel better when I am creating.
I pray all is well in your world, and for those in the U.S., that you are enjoying your summer!

Wonderful start on your Schnibbles - gosh I have those two books tucked somewheres. And love your fabrics for the Star Surround, will be lovely.
ReplyDeleteNice to catch up with your progress Karen, love the fabrics you have picked for the Schnibbles quilt.
ReplyDeleteI love that quilt pattern! I really, really love all of your purpley fabrics, but I agree about tossing the pink. I can't wait to see what you make!
ReplyDeleteI love what you're doing with Lincoln and can't wait to see your progress. As for Star Surround, the colour palette you chose is wonderful! I agree with you and I might skip the pink and stick with purples and blues. Now that you have such great fabric to work with, you just HAVE to join! :-)
ReplyDeleteLove the blues and violets...not too much of the same colors for me!
ReplyDeletetinkingalong
I love having the large version of the Schnibbles in those books... your happy fabrics are going to make a beauty!
ReplyDeletewtg, getting back to your blogging, I know I always miss it when I don't blog for awhile. I love that clothes line fabric, it is really adorable! I also like the others you pulled for the QAL...you should totally join in, I finished cutting my stuff last night and am looking forward to the HSTs next week!
ReplyDeleteI am stopping by from the WIP hop, hop by if you get a chance! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-wednesday-july-24th-edition.html
If you like it,then those are perfect choices! Personally,I like them ;) Welcome back,and good luck with the job hunting!
ReplyDelete